By Heather Steiner
Stuffy Nose Sticks Ingredients List:
- ½ teaspoon beeswax pellets
- ½ teaspoon organic coconut oil (this should be solid at room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon organic liquid oil (olive, almond, avocado-whatever you like as long as it’s organic and liquid at room temperature)
- 2 drops Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil
In a small glass bowl combine beeswax, coconut oil and liquid oil of choice. Make a double boiler by setting the glass bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and slowly mix until everything has melted. Be patient, beeswax takes a few minutes to melt.
I recommend setting aside a glass bowl or measuring cup for projects such as these. Beeswax has a high melting point, and can be difficult to completely clean off. Alternatively, after cleaning as well as possible, you can pour boiling water in your bowl, empty it into the sink and quickly wipe it out with a towel to remove any remaining beeswax.
Carefully remove the bowl, and stir to cool slightly. You can transfer the mixture to a glass measuring cup with a spout to facilitate pouring or use a disposable pipette. Fill your lip balm tube with the mixture, leaving ½ space at the top. Add 2 drops of lemon essential oil, 2 drops of lavender essential oil, and 2 drops of peppermint essential oil to the tube. Cap, shake to mix and allow to harden.
Apply over sinuses, under nose, on chest, and back of neck – wherever it seems to work for you!
For more information or to order the Young Living products mentioned in this recipe please contact the Scentsible Oiler who referred you to this page or contact our team using the form below: